State St., West Lafayette Built mid-1890s
The Stinespring- Murdock Building was built as apartments with a later part dating from 1899-1907. It was occupied by the Lewis Grocery around 1910, and Deac’s, the major Purdue bookstore of the early-to-mid 20th century. The corner has been occupied by Harry’s Chocolate Shop since 1919.
Tippecanoe County’s history is marked by majestic architecture, now collectible in miniature, thanks to the Tippecanoe Treasures Series created for ten years 1997-2006, the Association commissioned the creation miniature replicas of local buildings of historical significance. Cast in porcelain, each detailed, hand-painted treasure carefully captures the landmarks’ features. Buildings may be displayed with lighting from the inside.